“If we are to realize peace and harmony in the world, the time has come for us to dedicate ourselves to the reawakening of motherhood”
Acupuncture for Pregnancy, Birth and PostPartum
What would it feel like if you had a sister by your side to set your mind at ease, remind you how strong you are, make sure you are getting the best nutrition, help ease the changes of your transforming body and honour the initiation that you are transitioning through. I would be honoured to support you and your growing family as you walk this path to parenthood.
AS of April 2019 I will be registered to offer Acupuncture for Pregnancy and birth. For now check my other offerings below
Post Partum Services:
Imagine, if you will, a warm and cozy bedroom dimly lit with music playing in the background. Mother and baby are cuddled up on the bed, lost in a bliss of their love for each other. All their needs are taken care of, delicious healing organic food is brought to mom as she needs it, the laundry and cleaning are done, the outer world is filtered out as mom wishes. They are held in this sanctuary of love and bonding, mom is healing and baby is growing stronger and they are building a relationship that will be like none other.
This sanctuary was common throughout the world and is still practiced in many cultures. I believe this is the greatest gift we can give to new families and I hope it will become common within our culture once again. In order to help bring this dream to reality, I would be honoured to help your family create this nourishing and supportive sanctuary.
Post Partum Support
- Before the birth of your baby I will help you prepare a care plan for your post partum period, determining what you will need help with and who is able to help out.
- After birth I will help create a space that is comfortable for mom and baby to relax into
- I will cook nourishing organic meals, do light housekeeping duties, support breastfeeding and common post partum complaints with foods, herbs, homeopathics and encouragement.
Cost- $35/hr, 2 hrs minimum, 8 hrs maximum
Mother Roasting –
- Mother roasting is the ancient art of helping a mother’s body, mind and spirit to heal, align and rejuvenate using different healing techniques from around the world. http://marikareidhall.com/wp/the-ancient-art-of-mother-roasting/
- I provide a safe, warm and sacred setting to allow a mother to acknowledge her new role and heal her body. Together we will customize a ritual including a soak in salts, oils and flowers, bodywork as needed, warming the core with moxa and heat packs, wrapping the body to bring the bones and tissues back to together. The whole ritual can be from 1-4 hrs and baby is brought in for nursing when needed.
- Mother roasting can begin within four days for vaginal births, six weeks for belly births. But ultimately is guided by when the mother is ready to acknowledge her birthing experience and allow her body to integrate back into a non-pregnant state.
Mother Roasting Package
- four 2hr sessions spread out as you wish
Acupuncture Treatment 1 hr- $90
Tui Na Massage 2 hrs- $100
Ayurvedic Massage 1.5 hrs- $75
Custom herbal remedies- $30-50 (based on herb costs and amount desired)
Homemade organic meal or baking- $20-100 (based on number of people and ingredients used)
Becoming a mother is a rite of passage that is not honoured in our culture as it is in many others. It would be my honour to help you mark this profound point in your life. Through ritual, ceremony, honouring, blessings, fear releasing, dreaming and strengthening, together with your friends and family we will prepare you for this journey.
Each ceremony usually lasts 3-5 hrs and is structured around the medicine wheel, a powerful map and container to hold this experience. I will custom create the ceremony with you and/or your chosen friend/family member to best support you and honour your personal beliefs.